Why do I have to notify you about cookies?
The LSSI-CE (Law on Information Society Services and E-Commerce) includes a section on cookies that requires those of us who have a website that downloads third-party cookies onto your browser to notify users about the types of cookies used and the duration and purpose of each one. You’ll understand that it’s not a simple task, but by law, I have to meet these requirements as best I can.
My website uses its own and third-party cookies to make sure you have the best browsing experience possible, so you can share contents on social media and to get statistics and information on the browsing habits of users on this site.
As a user, you can opt out of the handling of your data or information by blocking these cookies in your browser settings. However, you should know, if you do so, my site won’t work properly.
As per the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and E-Commerce, by continuing to browse this site you are granting consent to the use of these cookies.
As a user, by using the site, you are expressly accepting the handling of the information collected in the manner and for the purposes explained below. And, furthermore, you recognise your ability to opt out of the handling of said data or information by blocking cookies in your browser settings. By using this option to block cookies in the browser, however, you may not have full access to all the functions of the Website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files downloaded to your computer to provide access to specific websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to save and have access to users’ browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your device may be used to recognise the user.
Considering the way the Internet and websites work, it isn’t always possible to have information on the cookies that third parties install through my website. This applies especially in cases when my website contains what is called integrated elements: texts, documents, pictures or short films that are stored somewhere else but shown on my website or through the site, and those from the analysis plug-in this site uses.
Therefore, if you find this type of cookies on this website and they are not listed below, please let me know so I can look over that cookie and add it to the list if necessary.
If you don’t want cookies to be stored on your browser or would like to be told every time a cookie is going to be installed, you can change your browser settings to reflect these preferences. Nearly all browsers have an option to manage cookies in 3 different ways:
- Cookies are always blocked.
- The browser asks the user each time it wants to install a cookie.
- Cookies are always accepted.
Your browser may also have the option to be more specific about which types of cookies you want to accept and which ones you don’t. Specifically, users can normally accept some of the following options:
- Block all cookies from certain domains.
- Block third-party cookies.
- Accept non-persistent cookies (those erased when you close the browser).
- Allow the server to create cookies for a different domain.
If you find cookies on this website that are not on this list, please let me know. You can also contact the third party directly to ask them about the cookies they use, the purpose and duration of the cookie, and how they guarantee your privacy.
The cookies this site uses
This website uses its own and third-party cookies to make sure you have the best browsing experience possible, can share content on social media and to get statistics on users.
As a user, you can opt out of the handling of your data or information by blocking these cookies in your browser settings. However, you should know, if you do so, this site won’t work properly.
As per the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and E-Commerce (LSSI-CE), by continuing to browse this site you are granting consent to the use of the cookies listed below.
The cookies on this website help to:
- Make this website work properly.
- Save you the hassle of having to log in each time you visit the site.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Let you watch videos.
- Generate revenue thanks to affiliate cookies.
- Make the site faster/safer.
- Let you share pages on social media.
- Keep improving this website, through analysis.
- Let you buy and pay for the products I offer (PayPal cookies).
- Collect personal information (without your express consent).
- Collect sensitive information (without your express consent).
- Share personal identification information with third parties.
Third-party cookies I use that you should know about
This site, like most blogs and websites, incorporates functionalities provided by third parties.
Essa Punt may use third-party services that, on behalf of Essa Punt, collect information for statistical purposes and provide other services associated with the activity of this website and other Internet services.
The most stable third-party cookies include:
- Technical cookies: allow users to browse the pages of a website, platform or app and use the various options or services therein, including, for example, monitoring traffic and transferring data, session identification, accessing restricted areas, remembering items in an order, checking out, signing up for or participating in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing contents to watch videos or sound, or sharing contents on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: allow users access to the service with some default general characteristics depending on the criteria of the terminal they are using, such as language, browser type being used, regional settings, etc.
- Analysis cookies: managed or handled by us or third parties that help quantify the number of users to measure and analyse use statistics for the services on offer. To do so, how you browse this website is analysed in order to improve the selection of products and services we offer.
- Advertising cookies: handled by Essa Punt or third parties to manage advertising space on the website as effectively as possible, fitting the ad contents to the content of the service requested or the use made of the site. To do so, I analyse your Internet browsing habits and may show you ads associated with your browsing profile.
- Social media cookies: may be stored on your browser while you are on the Essa Punt site, for example when you use the button to share Essa Punt contents on a social media network.
The companies that generate these cookies corresponding to the social media networks used by the site have their own cookies policies:
- Linkedin cookie, as per their COOKIES POLICY.
- Facebook cookie, as per their COOKIES POLICY.
The privacy implications are contingent on each social media network and depend on the privacy setting you have chosen on that network. Neither the holder of this website nor the advertisers have access to any identifiable personal information from these cookies, under any circumstances.
How to manage or block these cookies
If you don’t want websites to put any cookies on your terminal, you can change your browser settings so that you will be warned before any cookies are downloaded. You can also change your browser settings to block all cookies or just third-party cookies. You can also delete any cookies that are already on your terminal. Remember, you have to change the settings on each browser and terminal you use, individually.
Essa Punt provides users interested in blocking the aforementioned cookies with links provided by the most commonly used browsers for this purpose: